
I have been sad to miss out on many of Olivia's firsts...her first breath, her first cry, her first bath, her first time to open her eyes, her first touch, the first time she was held, her first bottle...and on and on. So the other day I got a little teary and thought that it will be the nurses who get to see her lose her umbilical cord...well Olivia waited for mom! Today when I went in I was changing her diaper and it was gone..I asked her nurse sadly about when she lost it...and the nurse said , "No she hasn't it was there the last time I changed her". I found her umbilical cord in her onsie...I got to see a first :) And although her nurses get to do and see a lot of her firsts..it is me, her mom that got to dream about her first, to ask God for her first...to feel her inside of me first and to love her from the "first" of eternity.
Cute post and I must say the paci looks GIANT!! Did she out grow the purple preemie one already?
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!
ReplyDelete