Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 5 Progress!


Olivia surprised us all and on day 5 she went off of her CPAP and on to oxygen through a tube! I couldn't be happier. This was the first time I actually got to see what she looked like! Her nose had been so plugged by the respiratory help that her eyes had been sealed shut...I had never seen them. Also the CPAP is held on by a hat that covers her entire head...so although I could see that she had hair sticking out the back, I had never got to feel it or see how much. I walked into the room of the NICU and of course, again broke down sobbing...only this time it was sobs of pure relief and happiness. She was so beautiful! Her hair is dark and her eyes were wide open just gazing into mine. It is a precious moment that I will never forget. The other great thing about day 5 was that now without the complications of the CPAP I could really hold her. They said I was limited to two holdings in a 24 hour period. I was thankful for anything I could get. I have read so much about "kangaroo care" and they obliged me. I was able to snuggle her close, she was able to hear my heartbeat. When we were doing our snuggle time her numbers looked awesome. The moment she hit my skin she was out. She was so sound asleep that she resembled her dad...mouth open drooling all over the place (only her drooling smelled so sweet).

I am truly thankful for each baby step she has taken. Prayers have real power!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Brian is thrilled to know that we all know he drools with his mouth open as he sleeps.
    I love the beautiful picture of her. I can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete