Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 11 What's that saying about when it rains...

So Monday Brian had taken the kids to the pool to get some energy out..and so when he came to pick me up at 11 pm I encouraged him to come up and see Olivia for a min. because he had not seen her yet that day. He came up held her for 5 min. and kissed her. 4 Am Brian gets up and is immediately hit with profuse vomiting and the other...he is running a high fever and feels as if he is on his death bed. Only hours before he had kissed Olivia. I of course am stressing out now that she may get it. I get the kids off to school, run to the store to get him some crackers/juice and come back in a mad rush to anti bacteria the entire house...strip the beds, Lysol bleach clean the doorknobs, light switches, toilets, floors,clothes..you get the idea..I have 10 minutes until its time to go breastfeed Olivia when the phone rings, "Mrs. Wing, this is the school nurse..Ryan is here and he has just thrown up at lunch.." Well I would like to say that I handled it with grace and composure..the truth is I started screaming to myself and bawling. I went to pick him up, cried to the nurses that I can't have a sick child right now, checked on the girls to see if they would like to throw-up as well and brought him home.
I set them up with crackers, Sprite, and the President then left for the NICU, good luck boys.

Olivia had another great night and I was able to feed her. Because she is doing so well they have decided to up her "nipple time" to 3 feedings a day! Yeah! Now for me to juggle the schedule..things are about to get interesting. While I was happily feeding Olivia the NICU was called on a 34 weeker emergency C-section...this meant they had to kick me out.. I only got to spend 20 min. with her..the boys get me back.

I ran back to feed her at 6 pm and then again at her 9 pm feeding...which the NICU got a call for a 33 weeker emergency C-section and they had to kick me out...Brian is still un-able to keep anything down...he can't even walk. Ryan on the other hand ate 4 Popsicles, a sleeve of saltines, 2 glasses of Sprite and is hopping around the house at full speed..apparently he said it was only a tiny bit of throw-up and he was coughing before hand...I'm not sure.

My new plan of attack..because Olivia is so tiny the back to back nursing time was not successful she was just to tied out still...so I am going to have to stagger them..and then with getting the kids off to school, picking them up, dinner and bed...this is my great plan. I will now (still pumping every 2 hours)wake up at 5:30 am and go to her 6 am feeding, come home and be mom, get the kids to school...make it back for her 12 noon feeding stay and snuggle her until the kids need to be picked up, be mom dinner, bed, activities, then head back for her 9pm feeding. C-section Me-section who has time for that.

Last bit of good news..Olivia also has gone up 3 cc's she is now taking 38 cc's at a feeding!(yes, I know we are talking milliliters!)

2 comments:

  1. if you ever need anyone to drive you to the hospital, i'd love to! do you guys need anything? can i get you some more pop and crackers? movies for brian? rides anywhere for the girls? let me help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally someone who understands my life. Sorry, it is hard. The baby is doing great and I am sure she won't get sick. That is weird how they kick you out when they get another baby. Small NICU I guess. Have they said whether you will need to do the RSV shots? Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete