Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween cupcakes

Ryan's witch cupcake

Emilys cupcakes
Mackenzie's cupcakes


Early release day happens every quarter of school and I try to do something fun with the kids each time. This early Friday we decided to make Halloween cupcakes. I scavenged the stores to buy the right candy for the designs the kids had picked out....note to self....airheads and laffy taffy's turn gooey and gross once placed in the fridge in order to go in the lunch boxes the next morning...ugh! They had a great time decorating their cupcakes...Ryan had a great time eating the candy and I enjoyed watching what they came up with. Not only were they candy covered...but I also made the cupcakes out of some fabulous new recipes that I blogged about over on my "sweetbakes" blog if you are interested in the recipes.



Some of my favorite moments with my kids are when they are gathered around the kitchen crafting or cooking together...they are so nice to each other and they are truly happy...too bad we can't duplicate that when it Saturday chore time!

No comments:

Post a Comment