Saturday, October 31, 2009

Apparently it's a tradition...




Traditions run deep with my kiddos...in fact I am discovering that we have many "traditions" that I did not even know about...like making caramel apples on the family home evening before Halloween. Emily informed me that we just had to because it's one of our greatest fall traditions. I guess traditions can be anything you want them to be. This week I was talking with my mom and I mentioned that I kept wanting...no NEEDING to make cinnamon rolls for some reason. Really...I felt like I just had to make them...and really I do not even like them, and the family is not crazy about them...But I NEEDED and felt compelled to make them. I then said, " what is it about fall that makes me think you have to have cinnamon rolls?" And sure enough, Mom said that she ALWAYS made cinnamon rolls during the fall...because that is what her mom did. That they just go hand in hand with the fall season. I was talking with my brother tonight and guess what he said...."I'm making cinnamon rolls for dessert tomorrow"...Yep...traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment