Emily with her carrot cake....she frosted it herself ..she does a great job!
Birthday breakfast! Cupcakes in lieu of an old family tradition of cake for your birthday breakfast!We are in the thick of birthdays around here! We celebrated Emily's today. She turned 9 years old. I woke her up with a candle in a cupcake for her breakfast in bed....she then opened all of her presents and made chocolate milk in her new "moo mixer". Emily is my sweetie...she wanted me to bring her Sonic for lunch and homemade chocolate filled cupcakes for her classmates...all the little girls were asking her if they could eat lunch with us and she whispered in my ear that she wanted it to be just her and I. I ate that up knowing that realistically it won't be that way for long...
In fact after hearing that Emily just wanted it to be her and mom Kenzie quickly stated, "WHAT? That is WEIRD...you are just weird." and then MacKenzie let me know that I could just "drop off" her Sonic tomorrow and that I didn't need to stay and eat with her if I didn't want to...gotta love it. Emily also requested her meal for dinner....hoogie sandwiches with BACON (a "not allowed food" normally) and carrot cake...only if I could make it "homemade" not store bought. (In stark contrast to Kenzie who informed me that she wanted store bought Ice cream Bars for her classroom treat, and to not bother with a cake or anything for her birthday meal...she would just eat extra candy? Kids...They do come in very different packages don't they?)
I made the carrot cake (along with 3 other cakes for a birthday cake order I have) and Emily loved it. I hope Emily had a wonderful birthday...
Emily was born at 9:30 on a Sunday morning...after a very long and hard natural childbirth. She was a fussy baby...but an absolutely ideal, and heaven sent toddler and kid! She brings so much peace and spirit to our house hold. Emily is an amazing little girl and I am so excited to see what wonderful things she will accomplish in the life!
No comments:
Post a Comment